The school Governing Board consists of a number of individuals, four of whom are parents. They represent a broad spectrum of occupations and experience bringing an invaluable contribution to the leadership of the Buckingham School.
It is the Governing Board's responsibility to review the vision, strategic aims and strategies to be followed to ensure the school's ongoing improvements are on-track. It formally endorses the ambition to create a school that meets the needs of students and the local community and has recognisable, distinctive and unique features. The Governing Board has a strong vision for the school's continued growth and improvement and has developed a strategy to ensure success. It holds the school to account through careful monitoring of progress with the School Improvement Plan and evaluation of the impact of improvement activities. The Governing Board is extremely proud of the transformation at the school in the last seven years under the leadership of the Headteacher and her team. The Governors roles and responsibilities are detailed below with a link to the right explaining School Governance. Governors can be contacted via the school or the clerk.
- Mrs Kate Aldersley
- Mrs Vikki Kirby
- Mr Andy Young
- Parent Vacancy
- Mr Keith Harvey - Chair of Finance and Resources Committee. Governor of Performance, Employee Grievance, Staff Dismissal and Complaints Committee, Staff Dismissal, Appeals and Pay Review Appeals Committee and Student Discipline Committee
- Mr Roger Newall - Governor of Finance and Resources Committee, Employee Grievance, Staff Dismissal and Complaints Committee, Staff Dismissal, Appeals and Pay Review Appeals Committee and Student Discipline Committee
- Mrs Alex Simmons - Chair of Performance Committee and Governor of Curriculum Committee.
- Mr Matthew Watkins - Chair of Governors and Educational Visits & ICT. Governor of Finance and Resources, Performance, Curriculum, Communications, Employee Grievance, Staff Dismissal and Complaints Committee, Staff Dismissal, Appeals and Pay Review Appeals Committee and Student Discipline Committee.
- Four Co-opted Vacancies
Local Authority Governor
- Local Authority Vacancy
- Ms Julie Branch
- Ms Alex Simmons
- Mr Andrew McGinnes - Headteacher
Clerk to Governors
- Mrs Rebecca Weymouth