Letters & Communications
All correspondence in the lead up to exams will be shared here.
Notices & Information for Students and Parents for Exams
All students preparing for and taking exams must be aware of the information contained in the following documents:
Warning to Candidates Notice
Unauthorised Items Poster
Appendix 5 Information for Candidates
Appendix 6 - Indicative Sanctions Against Candidates
JCQ Information for candidates Non-examination assessments
JCQ Information for candidates Coursework assessments
JCQ Information for candidates Using social media and examinations/assessments
Preparing for your exams
Exams Policy and Exams Contingency Plan can be found under the Policies section, click here.
Stress Busting Tips - Coping with exam pressure
Be prepared for your exams
- Have the right equipment. All students are responsible for brining their own equipment for use in their exams. This must be in a clear pencil case or plastic bag. We would suggest that all equipment is kept together and is brought to EVERY exam.
- BLACK PENS ONLY (blue is not permitted), pencils, ruler, rubber, calculator, mathematical equipment - protractor, compass etc.
- Know your seat number. Lists are displayed at least 2 days before the exam and ensure you are in the right seat.
- Know what you are allowed to take into the exam ie water in a clear plastic bottle, label removed. No fizzy drinks.
- If you have any concerns regarding your exams, see the Exams Officer.
Exam Certificate Collection
Current students may collect their certificates from the Exams Office on Monday lunchtimes.
Former students must give 24 hours notice, via email, to firstname.lastname@example.org , as to when they would like to collect their certificates.
Collection will be from Main Reception at the following times: Tuesday – Friday 9.00am – 3.00pm
(Please note we will not be able to make certificates available without prior notice).
Former students can authorise a third party to collect certificates on their behalf. The person should be named in the email. They should bring suitable identification such as a driving licence, bank card or passport.
If you have any queries, please contact the Exams Officer on the email address given above.
Replacement GCE/GCSE Examination Certificates
If you left The Buckingham School more than 3 years ago and need copies of your examination certificates, either because you have mislaid them or did not collect the originals, information on obtaining replacements can be found at Ofqual - Getting copies of exam certificates.