The school Governing Board consists of a number of individuals, as outlined below. They represent a broad spectrum of occupations and experience bringing an invaluable contribution to the leadership of The Buckingham School.
It is the Governing Board's responsibility to review the vision, strategic aims and strategies to be followed to ensure the school's ongoing improvements are on-track. It formally endorses the ambition to create a school that meets the needs of students and the local community and has recognisable, distinctive and unique features. The Governing Board has a strong vision for the school's continued growth and improvement and has developed a strategy to ensure success. It holds the school to account through careful monitoring of progress with the School Improvement Plan and evaluation of the impact of improvement activities.
The Full Governing Board meets each term and has four Committees that meet throughout the academic year.
- Finance & Resources: (meets twice a term) – responsible for financial management, staffing, premises and health and safety.
- Curriculum: (meets every term) – responsible for the planning & delivery of the curriculum.
- Communication: (meets every term) – responsible for marketing, internal and external communications.
- Performance: (meets every term) – responsible for the performance of the leadership & management, staff and students
There are two Governor panels that meet twice a year:
- The Headteacher’s Performance Management Panel of three governors meets to review and agree the performance management objectives and to conduct a mid-year review of progress towards these objectives. The committee is supported by an external adviser.
- The Staff Performance Committee meets to review the performance management processes & consider pay recommendations from the Headteacher and to conduct a mid-year review of teachers’ progress towards performance objectives.
The Governors roles and responsibilities are detailed below with a link to the right explaining School Governance. Governors can be contacted via the school or the clerk.
- Mr Brendan Bulfin
- Mrs Alison Combe
- Mr Jeff Chandler
- Mr Andy Crossey - Co-Chair, Sixth Form, Health & Safety, Educational Visits
- Mr Aamir Noordin
- Four Co-opted Vacancies
- Mr Roger Newall - Premises, Site Projects
- Mrs Aimee Dovbenko
Local Authority Governor
- Mr Keith Harvey - Co-Chair, Safeguarding, GDPR, Educational Visits, Headteacher PM
- Mr Andrew McGinnes - Headteacher
Clerk to Governors
- Mrs Rebecca Weymouth - Development