The Buckingham School’s House system gives a real sense of belonging, and it allows students to develop important and personal relationships. Through the house system, the school provides a structure that encourages students to achieve the best they can as individuals by participating in a wide range of inter-house events.
Each house has its own identity – its own house tie which clearly maintains the school colours and logo but also highlights and shows which House each student represents.
Ready for the new 2018-19 academic year, we have rejuvenated the House system. and have appointed staff to lead our six Houses – their brief is to instil belonging and pride in the Houses, extending our House competitions far beyond the inter-house sport that already takes place. After consulting the students, we have renamed the Houses too, so that they can have permanent, locally connected names.
- Chandos House (previously Farah House). Head of House is Mr Ribbans.
- Claydon House (previously Murray House). Head of House is Miss Vaill.
- Silverstone House (previously Rutherford). Head of House is Miss Hare.
- Stowe House (previously Button House). Head of House is Mr Wise.
- Swan House (previously Daly House). Head of House is Mrs Wallace.
- Whittlebury House (previously Ennis House). Head of House is Ms Barten.
Let the competitions begin!