Moving from Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 4 – The Options Process
We believe in preparing our students for an aspirational pathway and give them choices based on what we believe suits their academic ability and potential. The offer available is broad and balanced, and allows for many opportunities in their future, both Post 16 and at University.
Our KS4 curriculum offer at The Buckingham School meets the needs of all students and serves to provide them with an education which challenges and engages, is linked to individual student’s abilities and identified progression plans and prepares them for life, whether that be in further learning, employment or training.
We do this by:
- Providing all students with extensive information, advice and guidance on all pathways available
- Supporting students with career choices through career education, guidance and research opportunities
- Enabling students to consider and define their own career pathways and future plans in order to enable them to make effective choices
- Providing parents and carers with accessible information and opportunities for face-to-face information and guidance so that they are able to effectively support students in the options process
- Providing students and parents/carers with signposts to further information and impartial guidance.
We will guide students towards:
- Subjects they are good at
- Subjects they enjoy
- Subjects that will stretch and challenge them
- A balanced range of subjects
- Subjects that are linked to individual progression plans Post 16 and beyond.