Options Process for KS4
Key Stage 4 Option Choices for Academic Year 2021-22
Detailed in this section are the proposed Option choices for current Year 9 students to study in Years 10 and 11 starting in the Summer of 2021. Navigate to view information including: subject course information, online videos, taster session timetables, instructions for making option choices online and more. The information is designed to help your child make an informed decision on which choices to make.
We believe in preparing your child for an aspirational pathway and will be giving them choices based on what we believe suits their academic ability and potential. The offer is broad and balanced, and allows for many opportunities Post 16 and at University.
Our curriculum at The Buckingham School will meet the needs of all students and will serve to provide them with an education which challenges and engages; is linked to individual student’s abilities and identified progression plans; and prepares all students for life, further learning, employment and training.
We will do this by:
- Providing all students with extensive information, advice and guidance on all Options
- Supporting students with career choices through career education, guidance and research
- Enabling students to consider and define their own career pathways and future plans in order to
enable them to make effective choices
- Providing parents and carers with accessible information and opportunities for face-to-face information and guidance so that they are able to effectively support students in the options
- Providing students and parents/carers with signposts to further information and impartial guidance.
We will guide students towards:
- Subjects they are good at
- Subjects they enjoy
- Subjects that will stretch and challenge them
- A balanced range of subjects
- Subjects that are linked to individual progression plans Post 16 and beyond.