KS4 Options Process Timeline
- The week of 12 -16 December 2022 - Taster sessions will run during the week
- Monday 19 December 2022 - Year 9 Options Information Evening
- Monday 19 December - Information about pathways, option booklets and videos sent to parents on at the information evening
- Monday 19 December - Options online portal opens for students to choose their subjects
- Wednesday 11 January 2023 - Options online portal closes. Option blocks decided according to student choices
- Thursday 19 January 2023 - Remote Options Open Evening. This will involve remote student interviews by senior members of staff
- Thursday 19 January 2023 - Options online reopens for any potential changes
- Friday 3 February 2023 - Final options choices need to be completed online.
We are determined that our curriculum should be based upon our students’ wants and needs. For this reason, we will not block subjects until after the first round of options closes on 11 January. We hope that this will lead to a high proportion of students being able to take their first choice subjects. However, some students may not be able to take their first choice subjects and this will be discussed at our consultation evening on 19 January 2023.