Gatsby Benchmarks - Success in Careers
The quality of careers delivery in schools is measured by the eight Gatsby benchmarks and in the last academic year The Buckingham school was one of only two schools in the County to achieve all benchmarks. The school intends to repeat this outstanding performance this academic year despite all obstacles presented by coronavirus.
The benchmarks on which schools are measured are:
1. A stable careers programme
2. Learning from career and labour market information
3. Addressing the needs of each pupil
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
5. Encounters with employers and employees
6. Experiences of workplaces
7. Encounters with further and higher education
8. Personal guidance
One of the major advances being made this year is in the use of virtual events to ensure students can meet and engage with employers, employees, universities and colleges together with experiences of the work place.
Many thanks to all our partners in ensuring this has been a success