We work with students to plan their next career step beyond the Sixth Form. Whether students want to go to university, into employment or onto an Apprenticeship, we work with them to achieve their career aspirations.
Our aim is to prepare our students to go on to further or higher education or skilled employment and be able to apply the skills and knowledge they have gained in school. We pride ourselves in providing a comprehensive programme to all students in every year group. This includes aspects of work related learning, enterprise education, option choices, trips, seminars, as well as opportunities for external providers to meet with students to provide careers and labour market information. Careers guidance is on-going throughout the year and is further enhanced by working with local businesses, colleges and Universities.
Students in our Sixth Form are very well supported as they make their applications to University, apply for Higher Level Apprenticeships or other non University post 18 pathways.
We support students by:
- helping students to write effective curriculum vitae and personal statements
- giving students individual careers guidance and advice
- arranging interview training and mock interviews
- attending career specialist workshops
- holding careers seminars and assemblies
- working with business mentors
- encourage Sixth Form students to (organise work experiences)
- Annual careers fair
- giving support and guidance on UCAS /university application process
- providing guidance regarding different career pathways, including information on apprenticeships
It is important to equip our students with the necessary skills for them to career plan and know how and where to access impartial and unbiased information. For further information on how we support our students, click here to take you to our Careers section.