Success for All, through aspirational career pathways.
To equip All to have the confidence to take the opportunities on offer, create your own opportunities, achieve the best qualifications you are capable of and to follow an ambitious career pathway.
A good quality careers guidance and education programme raises the aspirations of all young people. It increases motivation by linking activities in school with preparation for life post 16 and post 18.
Our aim is to prepare our students to go on to further or higher education or skilled employment and be able to apply the skills and knowledge they have gained in school. We pride ourselves in providing a comprehensive programme to all students in every year group. This includes aspects of work-related learning, enterprise education, option choices, trips, seminars, as well as opportunities for external providers to meet with students to provide careers and labour market information. Careers guidance is ongoing throughout the year and is further enhanced by working with local businesses, Colleges and Universities.
Students in our Sixth Form are very well-supported as they make their applications to University, apply for Higher Level Apprenticeships or other non University post 18 pathways.
We support students by:
- Helping students to write effective curriculum vitae and personal statements
- Giving students individual careers guidance and advice
- Arranging interview training and mock interviews
- Attending career specialist workshops
- Holding careers seminars and assemblies
- Working with business mentors
- Encourage Sixth Form students to (organise work experiences)
- Annual careers fair
- Giving support and guidance on UCAS /university application process
- Providing guidance regarding different career pathways, including information on apprenticeships
It is important to equip our students with the necessary skills for them to career plan and know how and where to access impartial and unbiased information. For further information on how we support our students, click on the links provided in this section of the website.
Careers advice and guidance is responsive to local labour market information and student ambitions for future careers. The Buckingham Virtues are embedded in all careers engagements and opportunities developing Ambition, Confidence, Respect, Empathy, Resilience, Integrity and Curiosity.