GCSE RESULTS DAY – Thursday 24 August 2022
The Buckingham School is today celebrating outstanding GCSE and BTEC results. Despite a challenging few years, our Year 11 students have exemplified The Buckingham School’s Virtues and in particular Ambition and Resilience. It has been our absolute pleasure to celebrate these achievements with our students in person today. Well done to the class of 2022!
This year, our students have achieved twenty-seven Grade 9s, the highest grade achievable at GCSE. These fantastic results are a testament to the hard work and commitment of our students, and this, despite the disruption of Covid on their studies and classroom learning. Overall, the grades achieved by our students continue to reflect on the progressive and positive development we continue to make as a school.
There are many individual success stories amongst this cohort including: -
- Sophie Johnson who achieved grades 9 in Maths and Physics; grades 8 in Chemistry, Psychology, French and Computer Science; grade 7 in Biology; grade 6 in English and grade 4 in English Literature
- Seth Mmanga who achieved Distinction* in Enterprise; grades 9 in Computer Science, Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics; grade 8 in French; grade 7 in English and grade 5 in English Literature
- Hannah Gore who achieved grade 9 in Computer Science and French; grade 9/8 in Combined Science; grade 8 in English, English Literature and History and grade 7 in Art and Maths
- Lauren Combe who achieved grade 8 in Chemistry, Physics and French; grade 7 in Maths and Biology and grade 6 in Geography, English, English Literature and Art
- Adelaide Ramsdale who achieved grade 9s in English, English Literature and History; grade 8s in Geography, Maths and PE; grade 7/7 in Combined Science and Level 2 Merit in Enterprise
2022: Headteacher Andy McGinnes said, “Congratulations to our fantastic students and staff. These results represent the heights the school has achieved in the last five years, including an incredible response to the pandemic and the pressures it placed upon us all. It is hugely gratifying for us all at this incredible school, that the community now associates our name with academic standards and student success.
The achievements of this cohort are exceptional and, behind the stories of top grades, lie many, many more students who have made huge personal and academic strides in their five years with us. They are all special to us, all 180 of them.
It has been a challenging time for all in the education sector, and we celebrate the successes of students up and down the country, not just here in our school.”
2022: Head of Year Miss Checkley said “What an incredible journey it has been to see the progression the students have made. The lockdowns we experienced don’t define their future as we consistently told them over the last 2 years in particular. It is just a moment on their path. I am so incredibly proud of the sheer grit and determination they have all shown to reach this point today. They have had such resilience in spite of the challenges faced.
It has been a privilege to be their Head of Year, and I wish them every success for the future, and watching them continue to grow.”