The Buckingham School GCSE Results Day - 12 August 2021
The Buckingham School is today celebrating some of the most impressive GCSE results in the school’s history. Despite a challenging two years, our Year 11 students have exemplified the Buckingham School’s Virtues and in particular Ambition and Resilience. It has been our absolute pleasure to celebrate these achievements with our students in person today. Well done to the class of 2021!
- 66.9% 5 GCSEs or more at Grade 4 or above, including English and Maths
- 44.8% 5 GCSEs or more at Grade 5 or above, including English and Maths
This year, our students have achieved sixty-six Grade 9s, the highest grade achievable at GCSE. Also, 59% of all GCSE grades were Grade 5 or above. These fantastic results are a testament to the hard work and commitment of our students.
There are many individual success stories amongst this cohort including:-
- Sophie Coombes who achieved Grade 9s in English, Geography, Maths, Media, Food Technology, Biology, Chemistry and Physics, as well as a Grade 7 in English Literature.
- Alysia Ryley who achieved Grade 9s in English, History, Maths and Psychology, Grade 9/9 in Combined Science, Grade 8 in Spanish and English Literature and a Level 2 Distinction* in BTEC Drama.
- William Eastwood who achieved Grade 9s in English, Geography, Psychology, Biology, Physics and PE, as well as Grade 8s in Maths, English Literature and Chemistry.
- Sophie Knight who achieved Grade 9s in English, Psychology, Biology, Chemistry and Physics, as well as Grade 8s in French, Maths, English Literature and PE.
- Eliza Da Nobrega who achieved Grade 9s in Maths, Psychology, Biology, Chemistry and Physics, as well as a Grade 7 in English, Grade 8 in Geography, Grade 6 in English Literature and a Level 2 Distinction* in BTEC Dance.
- Genevieve Commaille who achieved Grade 9s in English, English Literature and Biology, as well as Grade 8s in Art, French, Geography, Chemistry and Physics and Grade 7 in Maths.
- Maaz Athar who achieved Grade 9s in Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry and Physics, as well as Grade 8s in English and Maths, Grade 7 in English Literature, Grade 6 in Psychology and Grade 5 in Geography.
Headteacher Andy McGinnes said, “Following the wonderful results for our Sixth Form students, published on Tuesday, we are now enjoying a double-celebration this week! Our BTEC Level 2 and GCSE results are outstanding, and incredible in the circumstances in which our students have achieved them. After a challenging year of uncertainty, these students took the challenge set by our Year 11 last year, and set even higher standards in our school. Even in remote learning their engagement with the live lessons provided was fantastic and the vast majority coped incredibly well with the constant change seen in the last year. These results show that we live our vision of Success for All, through the hard work and diligence of our students, and the incredible support from teachers and support staff. We can’t wait to see the majority of these students back here, in September, in our Sixth Form. Well done to the class of 2021, the whole community is proud of you!”
We are excited to be holding an Open House on Friday 13 August 10am - 1pm for Year 11 students to come and talk about their plans for their Post 16 education. We can offer support, careers advice and talk about what life is like in Sixth Form at The Buckingham School.
Our Sixth Form provides a wonderful opportunity for students to truly fulfil their potential in a caring and vibrant community. The curriculum is wide, with a variety of traditional academic A Levels and vocational BTEC qualifications, as well as a breadth of enrichment opportunities beyond the classroom. For those Year 11 students who are undecided on their Post 16 education pathway, there’s still time to apply to the Sixth Form.
- ENDS -