Charity Champions Week - 5th - 9th July 2021
This week, The Buckingham School is hosting our first ever ‘Charity Champions’ events. Each day is exclusive to each individual house as outlined below with their date, house and chosen charity:
- Monday 5th July - Chandos House - Alec’s Angels
- Tuesday 6th July - Claydon - Florence House Hospice
- Wednesday 7th July - Silverstone - Connection Support
- Thursday 8th July - Stowe - Willen House
- Friday 9th July - Swan - Oli Hilson Foundation
- Monday 12th July - Whittlebury - Buckingham Youth Centre
Each House will promote events that run each break time, lunchtime and possibly after school. Some of the events include; staff vs staff football match, bake sales, penalty shootout, tug of war, archery, hammer competition, basketball shootout, sponge the teacher, a chance to have your photograph with Chewbacca or Shrek and many other exciting activities.
As Head of Chandos House, in addition to all the fantastic events taking place next week, I have also organised to host a community raffle for staff and parents to raise money for Alex’s Angels – a local charity which I know is very close to many of our hearts. You can read more about this wonderful charity here: http://www.alecsangels.co.uk/.
With the help of so many generous local businesses and clubs, the prizes we have on offer for the raffle so far are:
- Conquest fitness - 90 day fitness course including workouts, nutrition and 1-1 coaching (worth £980)
- Arsenal ladies FC - 4 tickets and a signed replica shirt
- Direct Pizza Buckingham - 2 x £10 vouchers
- Howes Florist Buckingham - 3 months free flowers subscription
- Hair Host - £50 voucher off haircut
- Scissors - Free haircut Voucher
- Chafor Vineyard - Tour of the vineyard and wine tasting for 2 adults
- Claire’s Results - 3 x one month subscriptions
- Northampton saints Men’s team - Signed replica shirt
- Buckingham Golf club - Round of golf for a 4 ball
- Marshmallow maid - Free marshmallow toasting kit
- Cornwall place kitchen - Coffee and cake for 2
- Beefeater - 2 bottles of wine
- Chloe Eleanor MUA - Make up lesson and make up kit
- Sycamore coaching - One month free online PT
- The Woolpack - Main meals for 2
- Three Nines Apparel - Athletic fitness wear 50% off voucher
- Katie Alice Creations - Babywear choice voucher £15 off
- Vicky Thrift Cakes - 12 cupcakes of your choosing
- Little Dungas - Free babywear voucher
- Vicky Richardson - Pet portrait drawing voucher
- Horwood House - Dinner and bottle of house wine for 2 at their brand new restaurant - Harry’s Kitchen and Bar
- Buckingham Ford - MOT voucher
- Vivid Toys - 3 board games
Plus more to be confirmed! I am overwhelmed by their incredible kindness and generosity and thank them all for their support.
You can log onto www.parentmail.com to buy your raffle tickets. Pricing will be set at £5 for a strip of tickets or £10 for 3 strips. Alternatively, you can simply make a donation or add an extra donation to your raffle ticket order.
When buying tickets and/or making a donation, please ensure you leave a message with your contact details so we can contact you should you win a prize. The draw will take place on Thursday 15th July, so please make sure you purchase your tickets before this date. You will be contacted only if you win a prize. If you have any further questions about the raffle, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Finally, we are asking students to bring in money for anything they can donate during the week. Each student has been given a role to help support their associated House charity day. Please encourage your child to donate and help out throughout their events.
Thank you as always for your continued support and we look forward to a successful week raising money for these amazing causes.
Jack Ribbans - Head of Chandos House & the Head of House Team