Small School Provision - letter dated 13 January 2021
Dear Parent / Carer
After a successful start to running our small school, it is evident that numbers within it are increasing. In a time when the infection rate is still a concern, the directive from the Government is to remain at home where possible. You will read about concerns in the media and on social media, that schools are still being attended by too many pupils.
Therefore, the Government have clarified their guidance:
“Children with at least one parent or carer who is a critical worker can go to school or college if required, but parents and carers should keep their children at home if they can.”
This statement means if you are a critical/key worker, your child is entitled to attend school if you are at work, and there is no one else at home to look after them.
The fewer students that are in school, the more quickly transmission rates in the community will fall. Fewer students will require fewer staff, which will help in two ways. Local staff will work from home, supporting lower community transmission rates. Further, some staff are not local and this will support them in not spreading cases to and from their own communities. Many of our staff live in Milton Keynes, a particularly high area for cases of Covid-19.
Please can we highlight:
- If your household is having ongoing issues with a lack of devices, please note the recent advice on accessing remote learning via games consoles and smart TVs
- If there are unsolvable technology issues, we will support families where necessary, as far as we can – please contact us at email@example.com
- If your child does have a place at small school and they are going to be absent, it is vital you call in and inform us of the reason for the absence, because:
- We follow up any absence from Small School and this will allow the admin team to devote themselves to other key duties
- If your child is displaying symptoms or has tested positive for Covid-19, there is further action that we will need to take as a school
If you have any queries about your child’s entitlement to Small School provision, please contact the school at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mr M Wardle, Lead Deputy Headteacher