Q & As
- Q: How long may I spread the payments over?
You may purchase outright with one payment, or enter into a fixed term monthly payment scheme based on either twelve, twenty four or thirty six monthly payments.
- Q: What happens at the end of the agreement?
Once the device has been paid for in full, it becomes yours.
- Q: How do I make an insurance or warranty claim?
Details of the claims procedures are provided with your policy documents.
- Q: What is the excess on the insurance policy?
There is no excess on either the insurance or the warranty; you will receive full details of the policy with your device.
- Q: How many devices may I order?
One per student on roll at The Buckingham School
- Q: Can the device be used at home as well as at school?
Yes, students can use the device to further enhance their learning at home, although we do recommend that you set your security on your home WiFi accordingly.
- Q: When will I receive the device?
The ordering window will open on a date TBA and close again on a date TBA. If you are paying by instalment, your first direct debit payment will be collected on DATE. Devices will be delivered to school ready to hand out to students during their first week.
- Q: What happens if I can no longer afford the device?
You will have to return the device to us; you will not own the device until it has been paid for in full.
- Q: What If my child leaves The Buckingham School?
You must return the device to the School, alternatively, you can make the outstanding payments to take full ownership of the device.
- Q: Who should I contact with any queries?
For any queries about Chromebooks or the payment plan: David Osborne, Assistant Head and Director of IT, firstname.lastname@example.org, for Pupil Premium funding queries: Kate Bones email@example.com