Educational Visits and Journeys Code of Conduct
The school expects students to follow the behaviour for learning policy when on school trips and visits. In addition to this is the following code of conduct that all students are expected to adhere to.
- Follow the instructions of staff and supervising adults, without delay or argument
- Take responsibility for their actions and do nothing to endanger themselves or others
- Report all accidents or damage to the group leader or a member of staff
- Will wear school uniform or other suitable clothing (as required)
- Show respect and act with courtesy towards others, including the general public, in particular, the host country (if overseas)
- Be helpful, co-operative and considerate to others, including the general public.
Students will not:
- Consume alcohol
- Take illegal substances
- Act inappropriately that will endanger themselves or others
- Use inappropriate language
- Leave the group and go off on their own
- Take part in any activity which has not been authorised by their parents or group leader
- Drop litter or do anything that might damage the environment.
When using transport all students will:
- Stay seated and face forwards and do not speak to the driver while the vehicle is in motion
- Wear seat belts where provided
- Follow instructions for the safe embarkation and disembarkation from the vehicle
- Ensure that bags are safely stored and do not block emergency exits
- Not eat or drink on the vehicle without the permission of the group leader
- Clear any litter at the end of the journey.
When a student is on a school trip or visit, the student is representing the school and themselves. Therefore, they must do nothing that will bring the school or themselves into disrepute.
The school reserves the right to withdraw any student from a school trip or visit that does not meet the expectations outlined above. Where a student is withdrawn from a school trip or visit, parents or carers will be responsible for any costs involved in transporting their child and accompanying member of staff. No refund of money will be given.