Changes to Uniform - letter dated 4 November 2020
Dear Parents and Carers
I am writing to you with regard to uniform expectations through winter, as the stringent measures we have in place due to the pandemic, will need to continue.
Even though the weather is starting to turn colder, it remains a vital part of our safety measures that classrooms are well-ventilated. Windows and doors must be kept open whilst classrooms are in use.
Therefore, we are going to have to adjust our dress-code. The following changes will apply, with immediate effect:
- All aspects of school uniform remain compulsory, particularly noting that this still includes a shirt with fastened top button, a tie and a blazer
- Face coverings are to be considered as part of our uniform now, except for those students who are exempt from wearing one
- Students may wear additional layers of clothing over their shirt, but underneath their blazer (please be reminded that our very smart school jumpers are available to order from TKings)
- Additional layers must either be a school jumper, PE kit (including the official school hoodie), or other black clothing with a discrete logo, or no logo at all
- They may wear a suitable coat, even indoors
- If they do wear a hoodie or a coat, the hood must be down at all times during the whole day
This is not a relaxation of our uniform policy. Items that are inappropriate will be confiscated. Issues with uniform that cannot be addressed/corrected will be treated in the usual way. Finally, please can I encourage you to buy reusable masks for your child(ren). These are widely available now, costing little more than the single-use masks. Students are finding that the single-use masks are breaking too often.
As always, I would like to thank you for your continued support.
With my best wishes,
Mr A McGinnes, Headteacher